Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Leadership & Self-Deception-Getting Out of the Box

Leadership & Self-Deception-Getting Out of the Box
by The Arbinger Institute
Reviewed by Fiona from The Advocate Group

I would like to share with you a book that I recently completed. It is called Leadership & Self-Deception - Getting Out of the Box by The Arbinger Institute. The way this group of people use concepts to explain our disgusting human tendency is simply amazing. If you read on, self-betrayal happens to every one of us. The fact that we sometimes do not honour our first sense makes us go into this mode of self-deception.

It may sound abstract to you initially like how it sounded to me when I first heard about this term "self-deception". If we had the urge or first sense to do something that we think would be helpful to the other, why do we not do it? Worse, we find means and ways to justify our selfish behaviour. When we are deeply trapped in the box, we feel the fury and anger dwelling in us. This goes to say, are we merely creating our own problems to frustrate ourselves?

We should stop and think twice about the power of this book. The teachings have greatly impacted my work life and family relations. All I can say is, it is amazing how theories can be used to explain my irrational behaviour, which I had always thought as rational when doing it.

1 Comments:

Blogger moonset said...

Hi, this book's theory sounds very interesting altho abit abstract. think i'll look for it in the library...but any more info on it? :) thanks!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home